Intermediate Coastal Navigation
Intermediate Coastal Navigation builds on the basic knowledge of navigation theory presented in the Sail Canada Basic Coastal Navigation Standard. This is the second course in a comprehensive set of courses offered by Sail Canada on vessel navigation.
Areas of focus are:
· near shore navigation
· position determination methods using nonelectronic means
· methods for dealing with current and leeway
· determination of intermediate tidal heights
· Collision Regulations and their impact on navigational practice
· introduction to the basics of Passage Planning
Students completing this course will have practiced and should understand the tools and techniques to support planning and safe passage making for coastal voyages.
Successful completion of Basic Coastal Navigation.
This course is a prerequisite for Advanced Cruising Standard.
After submitting your Enrollment information, you will receive a response back from Grassroots Sailing Centre within 2 days. If you do not please call 289-579-9920.